create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Clothing Display Board



Here is an EaSy way to display you or your children's blessing outfits... or those little outfits you just can't seem to get rid of because they are So Cute.

I took an old board, cut at desired length, nailed horseshoe nails making sure there is an equal distance in between each nail, and hung sawtooth hangers on the back so I could hang it up. THAT-L-BE-IT! It is so simple and sooo cute. If you don't have an old board, you could also buy a 1x6 cedar fence slat at the lumber store, and paint to desired color, and sand it like crazy, and use a dark stain to wipe around edges with an old rag. That's why I love the older look, because you really can't mess it up.

This would also look SuPer CuTe in a little girls room with little dresses hanging from the nails. If you wanted to take it to another level...you could also hang your wedding veil, or whatever keepsake(s) you might have stored away. Just have fun with it!




6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Wonderful way to display blessing clothes! You're very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a baby boy blessing outfit, and I love he romper outfit in your picture. Did you make it or buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey-
    I'm not sure which one your thinking of but the one on the left is my husbands that the was blessed in so its really old...the one in the middle right- I bought at JCPenney's...and the one on the far right I bought at the Distribution Services in Boise. I hope this helps a little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!!

    Lovin' you blog!!
    blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find horseshoe nails? I love the idea, but can't find them anywhere besides a tack shop that sells them in boxes of 100!

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!